I’ve written about April Winchell before. She’s a talented voice artist, actress, and daughter of the late Paul Winchell, who was a ventriloquist (Jerry Mahoney), voice artist (Tigger), and inventor of an artificial heart valve. Of late, April has taken up sewing, and she’s been selling her creations, “Winchies,” on eBay, with the proceeds going to charity. Her latest batch, inspired by Madonna’s recent adoptorial misadventures, are “African Orphan Winchies,” complete with Kente cloth, a Kabbalah bracelet and adoption papers. A portion of the proceeds will go to Toys For Tots. You can read April’s explanation at her blog, and check out the auctions right here. It’s a cool little artifact, spoofing a current event, and some of the money goes to charity. Can’t top that.
PopCult’s Internet Radio Station, The AIR
- Monday Morning Art: Night Monster
- Sunday Evening Video: Halloween With Ben Cooper
- The RFC Flashback: Episode 28
- Very Cool October Events From The WVMHOF, plus New Episodes of MIRRORBALL and Sydney’s Big Electric Cat
- September/October STUFF TO DO
- The Beatles Get Jazzy and Broadway Goes Marxist on The AIR Wednesday.
- RFC and The Swing Shift are NEW Tuesday!
- Monday Morning Art: Vortexting
- Sunday Evening Video: Sectaurs Return!
- The RFC Flashback: Episode 27