Grim Trixter is a book of poetry by Brandy Leah Schwan. It would be easy to pigeonhole her work as “Goth Poetry,” but that easy label really doesn’t do justice to her work. It is dark, and ventures into Edgar Allen Poe territory more than a little, but Schwan brings a fresh perspective to the subject matter–that of an old soul in the midst of a young life. Her work is dark, sensual, mystic, and mysterious without being hackneyed or repetitive. If you have a taste for the macabre and want to hear an exciting new voice, check out her website, which is maintained by Brian Hatcher, a Charleston-based master of horror fantasy himself. You’ll find samples of her work, and information on how to buy the Grim Trixter book.
PopCult’s Internet Radio Station, The AIR
- A Bunch of Stuff To Do While I’m Away
- A Blast From The Past on RFC Today
- Monday Morning Art: Spin Doctoring
- Sunday Evening Video: Return To Kentuckiana!
- The RFC Flashback: MINI SHOW number 64
- Scheisse Dammerung…but you can dance to it
- Stuff To Do: Four Nights In July
- Black, Gifted and West Virginian
- New RFC and The Swing Shift. It Must Be Tuesday!
- Monday Morning Art: Legs